It was early in the morning on July 30, 2006 in Qana, Lebanon. A building housing more than sixty Lebanese was bombed by Israel with American bombs.
By now you have probably heard about it, but as the story progressed the truth started to reveal itself.
At first the Israeli military said they were responding to rocket fire from the village. Air Force Chief of Staff Brig.-Gen. Amir Eshel even showed video footage of rockets being fired. You might have seen the footage.
“Some 150 rockets were fired from the Lebanese village of Qana over the past 20 days, Air Force Chief of Staff Brig.-Gen. Amir Eshel said on Sunday evening.
Speaking to reporters, Eshel added that Hizbullah rocket launchers were hidden in civilian buildings in the village. He proceeded to show video footage of rocket launchers being driven into the village following launches.”
On FOXNews, Major General Edwards said that it was unlikely that rockets were fired from the village.
According to "Red Cross workers and residents of Qana, where Israeli bombing killed at least 60 civilians, [IPS was told] that no Hezbollah rockets were launched from the city before the Israeli air strike."
It gets worse…
“According to reporters at the scene, an Israeli missile hit a three-story building where relatives from two extended families were seeking refuge. There were only eight survivors. The youngest of the dead was 10 months old. The oldest was 95. One person was in a wheelchair. No weapons were found in the building that was hit.”
Robert Fisk quickly reported on this war crime too:
“And there was no doubt of the missile which killed all those children yesterday. It came from the United States, and upon a fragment of it was written: ‘For use on MK-84 Guided Bomb BSU-37-B.’ No doubt the manufacturers can call it "combat-proven" because it destroyed the entire three-storey house in which the Shalhoub and Hashim families lived. They had taken refuge in the basement from an enormous Israeli bombardment, and that is where most of them died.”
Israeli newspaper Ha’aretz informs of us new developments that put what Eshel said/showed in contradiction:
"It now appears that the military had no information on rockets launched from the site of the building, or the presence of Hezbollah men at the time.The Israel Defense Forces had said after the deadly air-strike that many rockets had been launched from Qana. However, it changed its version on Monday."
This change of version raises quite a few questions, but none more than those that do with the obvious lie and cover-up.
Some of you may have seen the photographs of the carnage in Qana. If not then you can view it here on a fellow blogger’s, Saracen, website.
WARNING: the images are graphic, which is why I did not include them. Amongst the images of the rubble and the dead is the infamous picture of the shrapnel that shows it was an American-made bomb. That image serves as an indictment to ALL of us.
Hear me NOW: know what YOU are paying for; know what YOU are responsible for.
Do YOU have children? Imagine these broken bodies as being YOURS or someone in YOUR family.