Sunday, April 1, 2007

Israel is to Join the Arab League!


Olmert invites Arab leaders to Israel

"Prime minister invites Arab leaders to meet with Israeli officials, declares Israel will attend Arab summit if invited. 'If the Saudi king initiates a meeting of the moderate states, I'll gladly arrive,' he says in meeting with German chancellor.

Israel will show up for a peace summit with Arab leaders if it is invited, Prime Minister Ehud Olmert said Sunday evening.

During a meeting with German Chancellor Angela Merkel, the prime minister said, "I want to take this opportunity of being here with the European Union president in order to invite all Arab leaders, including the Saudi king. "I am telling the heads of Arab countries that if the Saudi king initiates a meeting of the moderate states' leaders and invites both me and the Palestinian Authority president, I would gladly come there and speak our mind."......."

No comments: