Friday, March 21, 2008

New! Your Chance to Interview Prominent Writers and Thinkers


An Interview With Dr. Khalil Nakhleh

I am going to try an idea which I am borrowing from my friend, VS. The idea is to give our readers an opportunity to interview some of the best writers, thinkers and intellectuals featured on this blog. You can participate in these interviews by submitting questions to our guests which I will compile and email to them. I will act as a moderator to facilitate any follow up questions and/or comments.

To start this series I have asked Dr. Khalil Nakhleh and he graciously agreed to an interview by email. Dr. Nakhleh is a Palestinian anthropologist, independent development and educational consultant and writer. His latest two books are: The Myth of Palestinian Development (2004), and (co-authored with Tafeeda Jirbawi) Empowering Future Generations (2008). He is the editor of a forthcoming book, The Future of the Palestinian Minority in Israel. Dr. Nakhleh resides in Ramallah, occupied West Bank.

He has an excellent piece in Counterpunch published today titled, "Al Nakba of 1948" which I posted below (scroll down four posts).

Preferably after reading his piece, I would appreciate having questions posed to Dr. Nakhleh in the comment section of this post or of the piece itself. I will compile the questions and add some of my own and email them to Dr. Nakhleh.

I promise you an informative and very interesting interview.

No comments: