Saturday, June 14, 2008

Latest From Dr. Mona El-Farra in Gaza


A Quest for Freedom

"Gaza these days

no fuel -no power-no gas it was not nice of me, not to update my blog, and to keep you informed about my life in Gaza, but I am sure you can understand me very well, specially that you all know by now that writing for me is a state of truth, and deep feelings, I write because I want you to know the truth about my life in Gaza, and also to feel that I am still alive and I have not been converted ,to an object or number!

I write to keep the link between myself and the outside world , the normal natural world ,with a deep feeling that I am like all of us in Gaza , we don’t belong to this world any more . we don’t belong to this silent impotent world , when we have been converted to a piece of news , small pieces of news, that attract the world attention and sympathy , for short while , and the siege continues and different crimes against humanity are daily committed by the occupation collective punishment , and by us as Palestinians , when we fail to over bridge the gap between Fath and hamas(the two largest parties in Palestine ) in order to reach an agreement , so we can confront the occupation , and focus on non violent resistance, to reach our national goals of freedom and self-determination , when peace that is based on justice prevail.

Hearing about Gaza is much different than living in Gaza. So please allow me to accompany you in a tour, during one of my days in Gaza....."

No comments: