Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Khalid Amayreh arrested by Abbas' "security" forces!!! Then released, UPDATE!!


Palestine Think Tank

"Confirmation from Khalid himself.

Dear friends, colleagues, brothers and sisters all over the globe.

I would like to thank each and everyone of you for your solidarity during my short but difficult ordeal. I am quite certain that had it not been for the public and media pressure on the PA, I would have been kept in that dark cell for many more weeks or months.

My brief incarceration was meant to make me exercise "self-censorship" and refrain from calling things by their real names. But, Nay, this I will never do.

Reingraved time after time
ever in its youthful prime,
my designs unchanged remain.

Khalid Amayreh

Aljazeera Television has just reported that journalist Khaled Al-Amayreh was arrested by Abbas's Preventive Security forces in Hebron two days ago. Visits to Amayreh in his prison cell have been denied.
PLEASE DISTRIBUTE THE NEWS OF THE ARREST OF THE PALESTINIAN JOURNALIST KHALID AMAYREH BASED IN THE OCCUPIED WEST BANK CITY OF KHALIL (HEBRON) BY THE PA SECURITY GOONS/CONTRAS. IT IS IMPORTANT TO GET THIS NEWS OUT....."

No comments: