Thursday, February 11, 2010

"It is no longer my country!'


(A settler tosses wine over a Palestinian woman on Shuhada Street in Hebron)

"For me, this business called the state of Israel is finished. I am too old to continue waiting. (...) I can't bear to see it anymore, the injustice that is done to the Arabs, to the Bedouins. All kinds of scum coming from America and as soon as they get off the plane taking over lands in the territories and claiming them for their own. And they do it in full daylight, with the backing of the government. The army and police do nothing to stop them. Stop them? The army and police are helping them in every way. I can't do anything to change it. I can only go away and let the the whole lot go to hell without me.'
Actress (and household name) Elisheva Michaeli

No comments: