Sunday, July 15, 2007

Dr. Mona El-Farra: My mother is in her last moments and I cannot cross the borders


"My mother is in her last moments and I cannot cross the borders

My mother is in the hospital at the moment. She is severely ill. She was admitted to hospital 3 days ago. I cannot reach her.

I finished my 45 day speaking tour in the USA. Everywhere across the USA and in each lecture I told the audience about our suffering, living in this big prison called Gaza. I told them about the closure of the borders, the patients who passed away while waiting to cross.

Now it is my own story, like the daily stories of 1.4 million people in GAZA under siege and occupation.

I cannot cross the borders, I cannot cross the Rafah crossing. I badly need to be next to my mother. I badly need to be there with her to help her, to do whatever I can for her. I was always there for my patients and many people, to help and try to alleviate their suffering. Now my hands are tied, I am helpless, I can do nothing, I just have to wait and wait and wait.

Can somebody help me to go home? I badly need to be at home next to my mother in her last moments.

The borders have been closed for 3 weeks, 28 patients died while waiting to cross
.

The border was opened 70 times in one year

love and solidarity

mona"

No comments: