Wednesday, November 26, 2008

…And You Will Call Upon Allah With No Response...


Al-Manar

"26/11/2008 Gaza... A name that has become an attribute to Arab languor, silence, weakness, tacit consent, collusion…and the list stretches all the way back to 1948.
Gaza has become the worst faces of agony under the eyes of hundreds of millions of Arabs and Muslims worldwide.

I have seen pictures of Arab princes cars adorned with diamonds. I have seen Arab bathrooms with golden (utilities). I have seen ten meters long Arab banquets, just for two. I have seen prayer rugs but not that much people praying. But never have I really seen an old man on his knees holding his stomach in one hand and in the other a sack of serum with a chair and a pillow on it in front of him, just to hit his head with from pain. Yes, I have seen this yesterday on Al-Manar. This man just couldn’t stand the pain. His only sanctuary was this chair as tears flooded out of the eyes of his helpless family. He’s got cancer but he also has a martyred son. Israeli occupation authorities would not let him out of Gaza for treatment or at least to ease his pain before he dies......"

No comments: