Sunday, January 31, 2010

Bashshar Al-Asad's stamps


By Angry Arab

"I am sick and tired. I really am. I mean, since I came to the US, various Palestinian groups in Damascus send me their publications. And when Hafidh Al-Asad was alive, the stamps always carried his visage. And now, all the stamps from Syria has the image of Bashshar. I mean, really. Can you not think of other symbols to represent Syria other than members of the royal family? How sickening is that? What an insult to the Syrian people. "
This reminds me of the old Egyptian joke about the Egyptian government finally getting the hint and applying the glue on the face of the Egyptian postage stamp displaying the face of Mubarak. Why? Because the public kept spitting on the front of the stamp, not licking the back.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You have provided wonderful information that is very important. Thank you so much for this
Cali Zipcode

Unknown said...

Superb kind of work by the author as on this particular topic people needs more precise information and special attention to it.Thanks a lot.
fatehpur postal code