Monday, January 29, 2007
Rep. Maxine Waters, Rep. John Conyers, Rep. Lynn Woolsey, Navy Seaman Jonathan Hutto, Bob Watada & Others Call for End to Iraq War at Anti-War Rally i
With Amy Goodman
"Anti-war protesters filled the streets of Washington on Saturday in one of the largest protests since the invasion of Iraq. Veterans and military families joined lawmakers, peace groups and celebrities to urge Congress and President Bush to bring the troops home now. Protest organizers United For Peace and Justice estimated 500,000 took part in the demonstration. In California, smaller rallies were held in San Francisco, Los Angeles and Sacramento. In Washington, marchers converged on the National Mall for a two-hour rally. The crowd included people who came on 300 buses from 40 states.
* Voices of protesters from around the country
* Rep. Maxine Waters (D-CA), co-founder of the Out of Iraq caucus
* Rep. Lynn Woolsey (D-CA), co-founder of the Out of Iraq caucus. In January 2005, she became the first member of Congress to call for a withdrawal from Iraq.
* Rep. John Conyers (D-MI), chair of House Judiciary Committee
* Garrett Reppenhagen, Iraq Veterans Against the War
* Navy Seaman Jonathan Hutto, co-founder of the Appeal for Redress
* Brenda Hervey, Military Families Speak Out
* Bob Watada, father of 1st Lt. Ehren Watada, the first commissioned officer to refuse deployment to Iraq.
* Jesselyn Radack, former Justice Department Official"
To Watch, Listen Or Read The Transcript, Click Here