Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Anat Kam: I stole IDF documents to expose West Bank war crimes


Haaretz

"Classified documents reveal that the Israel Defense Forces had committed war crimes in the West Bank, Anat Kam, the former soldier indicted for espionage over an alleged theft of top secret material, told the court earlier in the year, according to police documents released allowed for publication Monday at the request of Haaretz.

In the newly released material documenting court hearings surrounding Kam's arrest, the journalist and former IDF soldier said that the motivation behind her removal of sensitive military material was to expose "certain aspects of the IDF's conduct in the West Bank that I thought were of interest to the public."

Kam added that her thinking behind taking the top secret papers was to ensure that "if and when the war crime the IDF was and is committing in the West Bank would be investigated, then I would have evidence to present."....."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, this article is fastidious, my sister is analyzing these kinds of things, therefore I
am going to let know her.

my weblog Video about this painter