Thursday, July 15, 2010

Iranian scholar speaks about abduction


Press TV

"Iranian academic Shahram Amiri, who was abducted by US and Saudi agents last year, says the United States aims to put the Iranian government under pressure.

"The US administration has connected my abduction to Iran's nuclear case to pursue certain goals and exert pressure on the Iranian government," Amiri told reporters upon his arrival in the Iranian capital, Tehran, on Thursday.

"While I was being interrogated by US intelligence agents, they urged me to announce that I carried a laptop containing important information and applied for asylum," he said.

He further added that he had resisted pressure by the US government and Western media.

The Iranian scholar said the US agents had threatened to "transfer me to prisons of the Zionist regime if I refused to cooperate with them."

Amiri added that some Israeli agents were also present in his interrogation sessions......

The Iranian academic said he has been under "psychological pressure" and was offered $10 million to appear on CNN and announce that he had willingly defected to the US. "

No comments: