A great article contributed by the author
By Fabius Maximus
This report is just a sketch, some thoughts that hopefully spark discussion about America’s rush to war. It proposes the following:
* There is as yet insufficient evidence that America is threatened sufficiently to justify the large-scale mobilization of citizens that we call “war.”
* There is insufficient public evidence that al Qaeda or Islamic jihadists are such a threat.
* The war was begun in Iraq and Afghanistan with inadequate analysis and planning, and those errors continue to this day.
* Even if this threat is of sufficient magnitude, war is not necessarily the solution.
* To the extent that force is required, at present we are not equipped to employ it in the manner needed. A scimitar makes a fine weapon, but a poor scalpel......"