Friday, January 1, 2010

The Road Ahead

Another year of debunking the War Party's lies

by Justin Raimondo, January 01, 2010

"You’ll have to pardon me if I utter a long, drawn-out sigh, but the prospect of facing yet another year of phony "crises," official fabrications, and Obama-esque double-talk is daunting, to say the least. My task, as I see it, is to unpack the hyperbole, debunk the hysterics, and give my readers a clear-headed and fact-based analysis of what in the world our rulers are up to. It’s more than a fulltime job, and the holidays provide no respite: indeed, it’s starting early this year, and, nose to the grindstone, I’m on their case ….

The antics of the panty-bomber have certainly provided a lot of grist for the War Party’s mill. Not only is his failed attempt the occasion for the opening of a new front in our eternal "war on terrorism," in Yemen, but now we are informed that ex-inmates of Guantanamo are among the "leaders" of "Al Qaeda on the Arabian Peninsula," (AQAP), which, we are told, planned and executed the Christmas Day incident. That’s the official story – but is it the truth? ......... "

No comments: