Sunday, September 9, 2012

'Dozens' killed in Aleppo air raid

The Guardian

An air raid on a residential district of Aleppo [see footage earlier] left dozens of people dead or wounded, a day after rebels overran army barracks in the neighbourhood, opposition activist in the Syrian city told Reuters.

The aerial bombardment destroyed a residential building in the Hanano neighbourhood, one of several districts in eastern Aleppo under opposition control. The death toll was not immediately clear but bodies and wounded people were being dug out from the rubble, they said.

Last week a Reuters reporter described how helicopter dropped "bombs the size of dustbins" on to rebel held areas.

The practice of pushing oil drums full of explosives out of helicopters suggests that the air force may be running out of bombs, according to the Economist......"

No comments: