Wednesday, October 21, 2009

My mission was determined to investigate war crimes in Gaza fairly. The Israeli government was wrong to shut us out

Israel's missed opportunity
Richard Goldstone:

"I did not anticipate that the IDF would have targeted the economic infrastructure of Gaza including its agricultural lands, industrial factories, water supply and sanitation works. These are not military targets."
"I sincerely believed that because of my own record and the terms of the mission's mandate we would receive the co-operation of the Israeli government. Its refusal to co-operate was a grave error. My plea for co-operation was repeated before and during the investigation, and it sits, plain as day, in the appendices of the Gaza report for those who actually bother to read it."

No comments: