Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Antisemitism without bounds

I found myself named on a website's 'shit list', which lists thousands of 'self-hating and/or Israel-threatening' Jews

Yigal Bronner
guardian.co.uk, Wednesday 10 February 2010

"Funny, but only recently it was brought to my attention that I am listed in the Jewish "Shit List" (where "Shit" stands for Self-Hating and/or Israel-Threatening), by some wacky rightwing organisation (masada2000.org). I clicked on the site and found myself perversely fascinated by the world I entered.

What struck first me was the size of the list. There are thousands and thousands of us self-haters and threat-posers. Israel must be in great and imminent danger.

The main criterion for being shit-listed was not too difficult to figure: if you ever said anything that was even remotely critical of Israel's policies or of Zionism's official story, you're in. Did you realise, for example, that Woody Allen poses a threat to Israel? Are you aware of the danger constituted to the Jewish nation by Ben Cohen, the co-founder of Ben & Jerry's? And then there is Marek Edelman, one of the leaders of the Jewish uprising in Warsaw ghetto. He too is a dangerous Jew-hater. Edelman, I should note, recently passed away at the age of 90. But don't even for a second think that by dying he stopped threatening his people......."

No comments: