Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Israel jails father of child filmed protesting arrest

HEBRON (Ma'an) -- The father of a new-famous child who was filmed begging Israeli forces to release his dad from detention has been sentenced to three months in prison plus a fine, relatives said Wednesday.

Footage of Fadil Al-Jabari's four-year-old son Khalid sobbing at the sight of his father being dragged away sparked outrage. "You dog, give me my dad. I want daddy. I want daddy. Give me my dad," Khalid cried.

Fadil was charged with obstructing an arrest and striking an officer, both charges that he denied. Khalid's uncle was sentenced along with his father, also for three months, family members told Ma'an.

According to his grandmother, Khalid still asks when his father is coming home and has become agitated, fighting with his younger sister.

No comments: