Sunday, August 29, 2010

Zionist Dossier Exposed: 'How to expose Ali Abunimah when he comes to your campus'


By Ali Abunimah

"In advance of my speech tomorrow in Port Townsend, Washington, anti-Palestinian activists have been privately circulating a 12-page dossier on me, and on how to "counter" and "expose" me.

The document is being circulated by Rob Jacobs, Northwest Regional Director of StandWithUs. StandWithUs is an extreme pro-Israel hasbara group supported by funders with a clear anti-Palestinian and anti-Muslim agenda.

The StandWithUs dossier (attached below as a PDF) is a mishmash of biographical information about me, much of it taken from my own writing, but wildly distorted and wrapped in hostility. Its main purpose it to advise anti-Palestinian activists how to "expose" me. Parts of it are quite complimentary though: "When Ali Abunimah comes to your campus, be prepared for a sophisticated, smooth advocate of radical Palestinian positions." It warns that my "calmness, highbrow style and constant references to international law and human rights cannot conceal [my] intense hostility about the very founding of Israel... ."

The most interesting part is the advice on what questions to ask to confound me:

"Though Abunimah seems calm and even reasonable, he is extremely radical. When countering him, maintain your own composure and be as rational as he is. He has written many article [sic] and made many public statements. Use his own words to expose and challenge him."

But none of the questions designed to "expose" me are particularly difficult to answer....."

No comments: