Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Sayyed Nasrallah Takes Part in Person in Celebration


Al-Manar

"16/07/2008 Hezbollah Secretary General Sayyed Hasan Nasrallah refused but take part in person with hundreds of thousands of people who gathered at the Raya playground in Beirut’s southern suburb to mark the release of Samir Kintar, Maher Kourani, Khodor Zaidan, Mohammed Srour and Hussein Suleiman, who were released Wednesday in the framework of Operation Al-Redwan.

His eminence reminded in his brief visit that the era of defeats has gone forever and time now is for victories. Sayyed Nasrallah then left the scene to prepare to deliver his speech through a giant screen.

Political, diplomatic and religious figures attended the ceremony as Lebanese and Hezbollah flags were flying sending cool breezes amidst a very hot weather. Fireworks lighted the sky of Beirut’s southern suburb; the region that was devastated during the 2006 Israeli aggression against Lebanon.

Kintar and his brothers took the stand after they smashed out of an imaginary jail amid loud shouts and claps by the crowd.
Kintar said: “I thank God who gave me strength and hope in this time of weakness, to face my jailer. I thank God who brought this brave resistance to this country. I thank God that we have reached this time; the era of victories. We will not return to the times of defeat. This is thanks to God in the first place, the martyrs who fell as they were defending this country and you, the community of the resistance the community of the sincere promise who endured everything, sacrificed everything and never compromised on your freedom. Allow me to remember Sayyed Abbas Moussawi who asked us to preserve our resistance. I tell him, look Sayyed Abbas, we have preserved the resistance that has become a unique force. I also recall Sheikh Ragheb Harb and I tell him that arms have become a culture that will accomplish victory. I salute the legendary resistance commander martyr Imad Moghniyeh. Today I came back from Palestine, my precious country only to return to it with my brothers in the resistance. My message is one that calls for unity to achieve victory. And allow me to salute (former) president of the Lebanese Republic his Excellency General Emile Lahoud.” "

No comments: