Friday, November 7, 2008

Israeli fashion designer sewing Abbas' suits


Ynet

"Tel Aviv-based Barbaros company sells hundreds of suits to Palestinian Authority. 'I have been working with Palestinians for 30 years,' says owner, 'and maybe these suits will bring us peace'

In spite of the rift between Palestinians and Israelis, it seems someone is still interested in sewing peace.

Tel Aviv-based fashion company Barbaros has recently supplied Ramallah and Gaza clothing stores with hundreds of business suits valued at hundreds of thousands of dollars.

According to the owner of Sudani Center, a Ramallah clothing store, the suits, carrying the label "Made in Israel" were purchased in advance by the Palestinian Authority.

One hundred suits were ordered for Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas' office, and more were ordered for four other PA ministers.

"I have been working with the Palestinians for 30 years now," says Yossi Jenudi, owner of Barbaros.

"They love my suits and my taste and prefer brown, olive green and beige suits. My friends mock me, 'You really found the best people to sell to,' but I say to them, 'Maybe these suits will bring us peace.'" "

No comments: