Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Translation of a Palestinian Torture Video


Contributed by Lucia

This Video was Posted Here on June 21

"The images in the following video, which was released to the Internet some time ago and whose translation I am presenting to the world, will show you the well-trained Fatah-PA troops. The way in which they torture their Palestinian prisoners shows the great achievements of the training given to these PA thugs by the USA. The Palestinian Authority forces seen in the video torturing the prisoners are from the death squads controlled by Mohammad Dahlan. The victims seen in the video are Palestinians, one of the prisoners wears a t-shirt with the legend of the ‘Executive Forces”, a Hamas unit under control of the Interior Ministry. The video is a direct consequence of the foreign policy of the USA and EU. It was subsidized with tax money from all these countries.

I am posting the translation of this Video from Gaza under the PA with deep sorrow and bitterness. I felt disgust while translating the horrible dialogues between the Palestinian jailers and their Palestinian victims, which shows the big danger to all Palestinians coming from the PA security system. The video shows some Palestinian prisoners caught by Muhammad Dahlan’s death squads. They are moaning of pain because of the torture inflicted on them, and all the while they are forced to recite denigrating chants for Muhammad Dahlan and Fatah. There is no different between these images of torture by Palestinian jailers and the images of torture by the American occupation for the Iraqi prisoners at Abu Ghraib. The only difference is that the torture at Abu Ghraib was done by the American occupation, but in Gaza both jailers and prisoners were, and are, Palestinians.

I felt shame while translating this video, I even felt shame to be a Palestinian. My shame is not because of my Palestinian roots, but to be identified as a Palestinian and to know that there are monsters capable of such inhuman acts, like Muhammad Dahlan, like the jailers in the video and like the corrupted systems of the PA, who also call themselves Palestinians.

I translated the video because I am sure that most foreigners who see the video do not understand the whole story behind it, and I also found some mistakes in the attribution of this video on other websites. I also made this translation to ask the International Community, Governments, the UN General Council and Human Rights organizations to fulfill their duties and end the tragedy unfolding under the forces of the PA and establish an investigative body with the authority to trial and jail the Palestinian criminal Muhammad Dahlan and his troops. I also read that the US government is making pressure on President Abbas to give Dahlan power to control all the PA security systems, ignoring the will of the majority of Palestinians, who want him submitted to a revolutionary trial as a criminal and traitor.

I have always criticized the State of Israel, and I will criticize them until the occupation of my homeland Palestine ends, but I never imagined that I would criticize my own people for doing the horrible things which are done to everybody in Israeli jails. I never thought that I would see this kind of thing done by Palestinian jailers. It was not my wish to translate and to post this video, but I am obliged to do so after seeing the level of savagery and to which the conditions in my homeland have deteriorated.

The following videoclip shows scenes of real torture, and should UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES be watched by minors or by sick or impressionable persons. Discretion is advised before you press on the PLAY button......."

No comments: