Sunday, February 3, 2008

Egyptian football star Mohamed Abou Trika to El Khabar (in Algeria): “Sympathize with Gaza” a normal behaviour, has nothing to do with politics


"Despite media embargo set around Egypt football team camp in Ghana, El Khabar reached to interview the Egyptian star Mohamed Abou Trika by phone yesterday…He told El Khabar he wanted to show his sympathy and solidarity with Gaza Strip population.

El Khabar:It’s an honour for El Khabar to interview the most popular Arab player in the world…
Abu Trika: It’s an honour for me and for all Arabs…well I’m just a simple man…

El Khabar:But you’ve attracted lights in Ghana…
Abu Trika: You mean when I revealed a tee-shirt with the slogan ‘Sympathy with Gaza’ while celebrating scoring the third goal over Sudan …I think it’s normal, I’ve expressed a feeling; a natural feeling of any Arab…and if you ask any Arab about what is happening to Palestinians and Gaza population he would tell you the same

El Khabar:But you have expressed this feeling and position before the whole world…
Abu Trika: What I did is a simple duty and has nothing to do with politics or other things…I showed my sympathy with Gaza population that’s all

El Khabar:You’ve been warned from African Football Confederation?
Abu Trika: (He laughs)…a warning that I’m proud of...... "

No comments: